Initial...

Initial...
!nfinite!nfluential

Fwd: Earn a million dollars – message 1

---------- Forwarded message --------- From: Jon Silver < joaoa.desilva2020@gmail.com > Date: Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 3:14 PM Subject: Re...

Monday, November 11, 2019

Fwd: Can Buying Things Really Make You A Happier Person?




RE: Please head to Can Buying Things Really Make You A Happier Person? to read the full blog post. 
If you'd like to read this later, please save it to Pinterest


Hey!

Have you ever bought something thinking that it would improve your mood?

I'm sure you have. In fact, we probably all have!

When I was younger, I used to have a crazy spending problem. I would either go out to eat or spend money on clothing after a stressful day at work.

I would tell myself that I deserved it for having such a bad day.

But then, the bad days happened over and over again.

Instead of trying to find the root of the problem, I would simply spend money that I absolutely did not have.

While I didn't go into credit card debt, I was close to it. I spent money on things I definitely didn't need, and this was causing me to live in a paycheck to paycheck lifestyle.

To learn how to stop this problem, I had to address what was really causing my stress. It took time, but once I learned what the issue really was, I was able to focus on things that really made me happy.

Spending money to make yourself happy is nothing new, and many people call this emotional spending. You may head to the mall and buy a new shirt when you've had a bad day at work. I've even heard of people who have gone as far as buying a new car to feel better about themselves.

Spending like this might make you feel like your worth is "validated," it might be done to impress others, make you feel better about your situation, and so on.

I hate to break it to you, though, buying things most likely won't make you a happier person, especially when it can cause lots of financial stress.

Related:

Please head to Can Buying Things Really Make You A Happier Person? to read the full blog post. If you'd like to read this later, please save it to Pinterest.

Thanks!


João  










---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Michelle Schroeder-Gardner <michelle@makingsenseofcents.com>
Date: Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 11:48 AM
Subject: Can Buying Things Really Make You A Happier Person?
To: jon-jon <joaoa.dsilva2019@gmail.com>

Michelle from Making Sense of Cents



Unsubscribe | Update your profile | 411 Walnut Street #13918, Green Cove Springs, FL 32043-3443

No comments:

Post a Comment